Thursday, June 12, 2008

Country Living

I arrived home from vacation to be greeted with tons of blooming flowers in my yard - no gardening or landscaping bill involved! I let my yard go wild - no lawn to mow and as a bonus I'm treated to an ever-changing display of nature's bounty.

When I left to go to Acadia National Park (trail reports and photos will be posted soon on HikeNewEngland.com) the yard was greening up some but was rather unremarkable. Upon my return there were striking vibrant-purple lupine blooms in one large cluster. Scattered across the front yard was a delightful mixture of daisies, fleabane (lavender), yellow hawkweed, and frothy-looking bedstraw.

In the backyard was a carpet of fresh light-green ferns accented with bright splotches of color from both yellow hawkweed and orange hawkweed.

No comments: